For now, until I can find a way to plug my LG Optimus G into my laptop and mount it, here is my work around. Install AndFTP on my Android, and install vsftp on my laptop and transfer using FTP.
- open terminal
- sudo apt-get install vsftpd
- edit /etc/vsftpd.conf and make the following config changes
- ftpd_banner=Welcome to my FTP Server
- /etc/init.d/vsftpd service restart
- place files to transfer on /srv/ftp/
- type lfconfig and make note of inet addr:
- open Google Play
- search for and install AndFTP
- start AndFTP and add an FTP Server.
- Enter the ip address from above in the Hostname field
- Enter an existing Linux user name in the Username field
Once connected you will see all the files that you placed in /srv/ftp on your android device.
Simply select the ones you want to download and click the download button!
To upload files from Android to your Xubuntu, simply click the "Device File Browser" button
and you can browse the files on your Android and select the files you want to upload and click the Upload button.